1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Are you ready for a new format?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by maggieddd, Feb 9, 2006.

1. koa

koa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Spend some time at AVSForum and you can educate yourself on all of this and more in whatever price range suits you. Lots of good people that are very helpful if you do a little searching first.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/index.php?

2. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I watch DVDs two ways: While on the treadmill I watch a HD TV set fed from a stand-alone DVD player. The resolution is perfectly adequate as the picture is sharp and clear, I'd say somewhere between a normal TV signal and an HD TV signal. (In Fargo I had digital cable. Here in Spokane I have no TV input at all.) I have no need of a higher-resolution DVD for the teadmill/TV.

I also watch movies via a projector connected to my computer. Because the image size is so large, resolution is an issue. I'd buy a new player and projector in order to get better quality images from the projector. I think NetFlix said it would support one of the new formats, though it might be some time before anything I want to watch would be available in the new format. I won't buy new equipment just to watch bad movies more clearly. I'll only buy it if movies I actually want to watch are available.