1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Are you the first to get the official $4500 CARS incentive $$$?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Sphyrna, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Sphyrna

Sphyrna Priusite

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Re: Finally got mine!

I'll consider that a vote, even if it is for yourself! But hey, you're in the lead now with one vote since no one else has voted!

Good luck!

2. Bica2go

Bica2go New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Re: Finally got mine!

Sorry ClassyPrius, I was at the dealership a bit before my 11am appointment and drove away before noon! On that basis, I'd beat you! (so one vote for me).

Other dealerships allowed folks to use the rebate and drive off the lot before us though so they may have beaten us on that basis. I wish my dealer had been so kind - my car had been sitting in the lot for 6 days just waiting for me!

3. DianneWhitmire

DianneWhitmire High PRIUStess

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    First!

I can say that my first client was waiting in my office doorway with two Starbucks lattes for me and Jane... at 7:45am that morning... a PC member from Torrance (Hi David and Mariko! :cheer2:)

and the rest of the day was a wild ride.

4. Tom.from.PA

Tom.from.PA New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
  5. DianneWhitmire

DianneWhitmire High PRIUStess

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Our dealership on the news

...did ya see the "Thanks Obama!" written all over the green Clunker SUV on the 4pm news in the LA area featuring my dealership Manhattan Beach Toyota?

We wrote that in white grease pen on a Prius Chat member's Mitsubishi SUV about midnight Saturday night... and it made the news!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Alex, did ya see the Montero on the news? Channel 4!

Di

6. Sphyrna

Sphyrna Priusite

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Bica2go, ClassyPrius and others, please send a picture of yourself with your new Prius. I'll probably just do a small gallery of pix on the first post. I hope no one takes it as "rubbing it in" now that the CARS program is suspended...

o those of you still waiting after leaving deposits and doing everything in your power as aske dby the dealer and the gov't: I wish you the best of luck. I really hope the gov't stands up and honors the program for all those who had everything ready at the start of the implementation.

7. cossie1600

cossie1600 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I feel lucky for rushing to get the deal done Monday!

8. Yonessyo

Yonessyo New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Ditto. Not to mention I also got a $2.8k sales tax exempt from WA just in the nick o time. (^^)b

9. sfs

sfs Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Update on my post #18
    My wife and I received a call from Beaverton Toyota (Oregon) today (7/30/09) to come in and sign some "new" paperwork for the CARS program. It is about an hour and a half drive for us so we were not happy about doing it. Since our deal was made before the Federal paperwork was available we needed to sign new forms. Whole we were at there the dealership owner showed up and informed the sales people that as of the close of the day (July 30th) the CARS program was done. The bonus for us was that the dealership will send us a $250 check for scrap value on our truck.
    It was just pure luck that we filled out the Costco form, got the call, drove up, and bought the Prius on the same day. Whew!
    Anyone want to buy a 04 Honda CRV?

10. Sphyrna

Sphyrna Priusite

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Well I guess that settles it, SFS was the first confirmed CARS deal for a Prius on this thread, sorry to the rest. Please Send me a picture and I'll put you first in the Gallery.:cheer2:

11. cossie1600

cossie1600 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    CT don't tax cars over 40mpg :) Now they just need to waive the property tax, so I am not forked with a $600 bill next July

12. Yonessyo

Yonessyo New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Same, WA doesn't have sales tax for cars over 40mpg. ... until saturday +.

13. subdood

subdood Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I signed on the dotted line and took delivery at 9:43 am, on 7-29-09. Traded in my sentimental favorite 1996 Ford Windstar that we have had since new. We received the full $4,500 discount, right off the top so no tax was due on the government money.

14. DrJon

DrJon New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Well, I guess I'll vote for SFS for 1st but I'm voting for myself for last!!! I took delivery of mine about 5:40 p.m. tonight (pacific time cause AZ doesn't change!).
    Yeah, I paid in full on Sat. the 25th (and Dealership cashed my check Monday morning, I see) but car didn't come in till this a.m. and I went down after work to pick it up. Timing was perfect now in hindsight. Makes me feel like I should pick Lottery #'s for this weekend!!!! Maybe I'm on a roll??:rockon::rockon:

Attached Files:

15. Pizza_Daddy

Pizza_Daddy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, I was all excited about the deal, on my interpid that qualified, only problem, when I was over seas last fall, my car wasn't driven so my wife didn't pay the insurance on it for 3 months....

16. WCWIII

WCWIII New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Took my 99 Dodge Grand Caravan with 150K+ miles on its final journey. $4500 was what I wanted for it 3 years ago in a private sale (now, with no A/C and with rust, I'd be lucky to get $2K). I got the CFC $4500 and since it came off the sales price, it helped reduce the sales tax too.

My first thoughts were to keep with a larger vehicle like a Rav4 or similar competitor's model which would have still gotten me the $4500, but the program got me thinking and helping the environment won out. Now we have a 2010 Prius and a 2006 Highlander Hybrid in the family.

I didn't even hear about the program until the Sunday, just when the CFC rules were finalized. Put a deposit down Monday night. Drove off midday on Tuesday with the new car. Other dealerships are holding cars until they get reimbursed, but not mine.

17. Sphyrna

Sphyrna Priusite

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Congrats! I was wondering who would be the last!

Enjoy it.

18. kawita

kawita Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Which dealership?

19. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Now the thread title should be changed to "Are you the last one to get the official $4500 CARS incentive $$$?"

20. WCWIII

WCWIII New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I bought mine in Naperville. St. Charles (which is usually highly regarded) told me they were holding cars until the deal cleared.