1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Arizona to Seattle

Discussion in 'Prius c Fuel Economy' started by novaz, Jul 13, 2017.

1. novaz

novaz Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Just returned from a 3100 mile road trip and have to say I am very impressed with my C2 for the complete trip trip I averaged 54 mpg and 58 mph that was for the the number of actual gallons used computer said I averaged 61 with tires @ 40/40 and running the cruise control and air conditioning full time .
    the car was loaded with me and clothes ,bedding and dog .
    The car performed better than I had expected after having read some road trip posts road noise was slightly worse than normal due I think to tire pressures being higher other than that I found the car to be comfortable and was not tired or achy when stopping every couple hundred miles ,would consider another long trip with no probem.

bisco likes this.
  2. davids45

davids45 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    G'day,
    I too find the 'c' enjoyable for long trips, with the occasional short break every couple of hours or so. Frequent fuel stops no longer being available ;) .
    I think the "road-noise" thing is a consequence of most everything else in the car being quiet. Wind noise at speed is the other thing I hear, when on quieter grades of bitumen.
    Your mpg (or L/100km here) figures are in line with mine, as I too prefer to use the less-economical cruise control whenever possible (to give my right-leg/ankle a rest) and my passenger wants her cooling/heating comforts, asleep or awake :rolleyes: .
    Only miss the extra cup-holders and junk space from the Yaris/Echo the Prius has replaced.
    David S.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats, and thanks for the write up!(y)