1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Arm rest - tried one but returning it

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ml194152, Dec 7, 2004.

1. ml194152

ml194152 Member

I ordered the arm rest that was kindly mentioned by Forshey here in the thread about feautures us Prius owners would like to have. I got it online from http://www.solutionscatalog.com/shopping/p...iProductID=5213.

When I tried to install it I discovered that it's attachment lip wouldn't fit between the window and the door because there is practically no gap at all there in the Prius. It kind of sits there a little precariously. I tried it out anyway on the way to work today and found that it also sits too high to be comfortable.

So it was a failed experiment. I'm going to have to send it back.

I think what I need is a much thinner arm rest so it doesn't sit too high, a "low profile" one. And some other method of attachment because there is no space between window and door.

Maybe I could make one from foam and fabric and use velcro to attach it. But I'm not sure I want to glue velcro to my door sill. :|

2. prius04

prius04 New Member

Thanks very much for your follow up post. I wanted such a window cushion and almost ordered this one but then kind of forgot about it.

You saved a lot of agravation.

You said you were going to give us a follow up and you did. Thanks again.

3. kkister1492

kkister1492 New Member

[font=Arial:4186e4e60b] [/font:4186e4e60b] :) Thanks for saving me some time and aggravation. I was about to order one for myself. Glad I waited.