1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ArmorAll or not?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Palmetto, Oct 19, 2008.

1. EZW1

EZW1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four Touring
    I wouldn't use the stuff. Once you do, you become a slave to it. The stuff has hydrocarbon byproducts in it. These penetrate the vinyl but also cause premature failure. The UV in the sun's rays will break the compounds down and cause the vinyl to harden and crack. It's a big issue here in AZ where our summer sun is quite hot and the skies are clear 320 days of the year. I destroyed the dash on 2 cars I used to own and vied to never use the product again.

So how do you clean your dash? Well, very mild soap and water, followed by a water-only rinse, followed by drying. Works every time. If you want to reduce the number of times you have to clean it: buy a dashmat. I use one in all my cars. Here is AZ they also keep the dash cool by shading it from the sun and this also keeps car a bit cooler and allows it to cool down faster when you startup the AC.