1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Armrest Cover?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by clokwise, Sep 18, 2012.

1. RaZa

RaZa Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I just use a "hand towel" sized towel and fold it in half and lay it over the console. it can easily tuck into the sides and front of the center console and close it. keeps me from wearing out a spot and feels more comfortable. i was toying with sewing some elastic material on the towel to keep it there on there more permanently

Chazz8 likes this.
  2. almhath

almhath Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I have been thinking about this, and I have two solutions:

1. Easy: Place color-matching hand towl there...as noted above, but

2. Only a little more involved: I have a dog, and her paws will knock a hand towl off. Soooooo, an easy solution there that will work fine: I noticed the top of my 2013 Prius 3 center console is the thin fabric. I could have it recovered, but I think I'll save the $100 and do it this way:

SOLUTION:

Go to fabric store. Get some black or dark gray vinyl and some insulation or foam. Go to Home Depot and get some good velcro that sticks on to plastic. Place insulation on top of arm rest, cut to fit. Place vinyl on top of that and cut to hang down an extra couple inches on each side, right and left. Place velcro on bottom sides of arm rest lid, and then also on the bottoms of the viny. Stick it in place.

No harm to the armrest as the velcro is only sticking to the hard plastic on the sides of the armrest lid.

Dog going back and forth won't knock it off. It'll look adequate, and no one will notice.

Dog hair won't stick to it.

Will also add some padding for my arm.

MandyTee likes this.
  3. WNY-HYBRID

WNY-HYBRID Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Look up on google prius hoods. 29.95