1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Article about miles per purchase cost

Discussion in 'EV (Electric Vehicle) Discussion' started by bwilson4web, Oct 7, 2020.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
  2. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    that was an intriguing slideshow. Putting the Chevy bolt up as # one because of its price & decent range makes some sense. One thing the author doesn't include though is how much room (utility) you may need inside each car, especially for an individual, if, like myself, you're 6'-5". Not that bigger/wider people aren't used to having to scrunch up in order to take advantage of the other benefits. Moral of the story, pick your choice, and wait till it's about a year old, so that you don't pay the cost of driving it off the lot brand new. That was a great deal for us when we bought our Prius.

3. Isaac Zachary

Isaac Zachary Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Ya, I'm 6' 1" myself and now that I have an Avalon I don't know if I can ever go back, at least for long road trips. Then again, a small EV for short distances might make sense since I'm not going to be crammed in there for hours on end.

The newest car I ever got was a 2013 Nissan Leaf I bought in 2016, over 3 years old from manufacturer date.