1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Ask yourself this...

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by john1701a, Oct 31, 2004.

1. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I'm pretty sure it's in Leviticus Chapter 11. Something about meat and milk, mixing coffee and milk, yada yada yada, gasoline and electricity. I'm pretty sure it's something like that. :)

2. VARedDevil

VARedDevil New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I'm still trying to get over the hybrid donkey that Bin Laden rides...

3. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Unfortunately that seems to be how it comes out doesn't it? "We'll just stonewall everything the other side wants for 4 years, then maybe we can get control of the Throne, Senate and Congress and do what we want." Wouldn't it be REALLY nice if instead they thought "Hmmm, have to do our best to please people on both sides"?

We vote for the lesser of 2 evils, we vote to keep the 'other side' from taking control. Us vs them, you are either with us or against us.

I'm watching Obama, we might see him in 8 years. He's one guy who says "we need to work together for the good of all" and I believe he REALLY means it. Even a week after the election, unlike most politicians. ;-)

4. Canuck

Canuck Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Cyndrax, interesting that you should say that because up here we have a minority government and the opposition seem to be keeping those in power in line. I personally think it's not a bad thing.

5. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Barak has said very publicaly that he will not run for office in four years. Of course, he's in the Senate which re-elects every six years. I would really like Barak to stay in the Senate for twelve years and then be the President for eight. I think that would be nice.

6. aarons12

aarons12 New Member

unfortunately, ours (and every other country's) basic human natural resistance to change is like holding back the water in the dam with your finger. the pressure keeps building, then you can end up with rapid catastrophic change that you did not want and can not control.

it can come in the form of economic collapes, depression, revolution, and so on, but come it does. and no matter how many times it does, people still don't get it, that they should have been making minor but clear progress gradually all along.

someone much smarter than i once said "those who do not learn the lessons of history are doomed to repeat them"

7. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

I guess in the end, we all know what heppened...

:ph34r:

8. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    If kerry got elected would Hunts benefit?
    Would the dynamic duo ride again?
    [attachmentid=2932]
    Only time will tell!

9. dipper

dipper Senior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VARedDevil @ Nov 4 2004, 12:14 PM) [snapback]48609[/snapback]</div>
    Hey, what make and model is that? Mule or Jackass... :lol:

10. imntacrook

imntacrook New Member

From a Vietnam Vet - Kerry is a punk. And those of you who beat the Bush is a liar mantra. You really don't know what a lie is! Something is happening here, and you don't know what it is, do you? Mr. Jones.

11. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I was a little confused when I started reading this one but it was a good one to pull up. In the eight years of Bush we will have gone so much further into debt, loss so much more worldwide respect and loss so much young life in his wars. It is a sad legacy.

Hopefully people will be more willing to look at change for the next election. I want to be proud of my country again.

12. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Republican here too , but y'all knew that dint cha...