1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Asking Alexa to play music from Amazon ?

Discussion in 'Prime Audio, Electronics, and Infotainment' started by GKL, Jun 12, 2020.

1. GKL

GKL Active Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Still fine-tuning my knowledge of what Alexa in the Prime can and can't do.

I'd like to ask Alexa to play music from what we already have access to from having an Amazon Prime account, but I want to make sure it is not costing me anything extra by charging me for any songs it plays, does anyone have any knowledge about this ?

There is an optional "Music Unlimited" service Amazon has for an extra (about) $8.00 a month but we don't want that extra cost, we are happy with all the music we can get thru our regular Amazon Prime account.

Is asking for music from Amazon to be played going to stick with what we already have thru Amazon Prime or is it going to charge us for music ?

We have a 2020 Prius Prime XLE and use Android phones.

Thanks !

2. johnnparry55

johnnparry55 New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Tesla Model S
    Model:
    N/A
    There will be no overpayment. Visit customer support center to get proffesional answer to your question.

GKL likes this.
  3. GKL

GKL Active Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Thanks, not sure what you mean by overpayment as I don't want to pay anything to access songs we already bought, but I'm guessing you mean to check with the Amazon customer support center.

4. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    No charge will be applied unless you specifically agree to pay for Amazon Prime Music Unlimited. You can see your current membership and subscription under "Your Memberships & Subscriptions" under your Amazon account. If it's not there, you are not being charged.

5. Diemaster

Diemaster Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I dont use Alexa. She (and Siri) have there head in the clouds. (literally and figuratively.)
    Besides who knows who is listening in and or what data there collecting about you.

6. RUFUSDCAPRI

RUFUSDCAPRI New Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    I have an Android. Now that Entune is defunct Alexa doesn't work very well if at all. Sure do wish Toyota would tell my car that Entune is longer. I called the media support. I learned how to reboot. But I think Toyota + Alexa and I are through. I can use Alexa on my phone and play it thru Bluetooth as a work around. But very very disappointed.