1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ASWC-1 install questions

Discussion in 'Prius c Audio and Electronics' started by steelrain, May 14, 2015.

1. steelrain

steelrain Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Ok so I'm picking up the ASWC-1 tomorrow so I can begin the aftermarket swap. I've been holding off all week due to wanting to keep swc operational with the new headunit. I visited the ASWC website and found the manual specific to the Prius C.

Good deal pretty clear but questions about the module and how it works. Mainly, will the climate controls still work, it never really mentions it.

I know over on the Prius V section, I found a setup that matches the pin location but they also mention the climate controls, specifically grounding Pin 23 to restore them.

Does this need to happen within the C as well or will they just work with no problems?

Reference: It is done: upgraded the display radio in my Prius v | PriusChat

Thanks in advance.

2. steelrain

steelrain Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    To answer my own question, no it doesn't hinder the climate controls or need to be altered like the prius v link above. So far have NOT been able to get pickup and hangup to work at same time as audio controls. It's been one or the other. Tried manual reprogramming and have not gotten it yet.