1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

At a loss, need advice

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by FCat2019, Apr 7, 2019.

1. FCat2019

FCat2019 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello-
    I joined this forum because I don't know where to turn. I have a 2006 Red Prius in need of a new front left fender and headlight cover. Our family has always gone to the wrecking yard and replaced ourselves but now my brother says he is too old (back problems) and I can't afford the $2500 the body shop quoted me but can I pay for parts and labor from a yard. The Prius has 160 k and I am the original owner. I hate to junk it when there are another 100k miles left in it. I am looking for a trusted gentleman to help me out. So far no luck. Any suggestions? Located in East Bay, California.
    I am grateful for your advice.

2. Raytheeagle

Raytheeagle Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Welcome to Prius Chat (y).

What are you looking to do: you need a fender or someone to help you with putting the fender on?

When do you need this work done? Do you have a shop or looking for one?

We do some meetups in the area and the next one is slated to be in Lafayette :):

Possible Monthly install meets. Bay Area-Fremont

Good luck and keep us posted (y).

3. MilkyWay

MilkyWay Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The fender is about 20 minutes to remove and install new. The headlight another 20 minutes...It's under an hour so $100 is a very fair price (imo).

For labor try calling a few craigslist mechanics in auto section: SF bay area automotive services - craigslist

Or post an ad under "gigs ---> labor" for $100 SF bay area labor gigs - craigslist

My experience with posting on the gigs section for quick jobs is that you cannot put your phone number because you'll get 20 calls in 1 day. Email only and bet you get 5 emails saying they can do the job within 2 hours of posting.

car-part.com and ebay motors are good places to check for parts

strawbrad likes this.