1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

At Tokyo Auto Show, Hybrids and Electrics Dominate

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by cwerdna, Oct 21, 2009.

1. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/21/business/global/21toyota.html?partner=yahoofinance

That's really too bad about the above. :( I'm going to TMS and didn't realize foreign (to Japan) automakers would be so sparse. When I went in earlier years, there was a sizable presence from US and European automakers, including many that don't sell in the US.

2. Rybold

Rybold globally warmed member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I think it's apparent from this article that Toyota needs to evolve the niche that it has carved out for itself from hybrids to plug-in hybrids. Toyota dominates the hybrid market right now. They need to evolve that to the plug-in HSD market and flex their advertising strength to point of the weaknesses of not having a gasoline back up. I know it's not the most environmentally-friendly solution, but Toyota needs to stay on top, and this is what they are going to need to do over the next decade.

3. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Back to TMS, from looking at the show map, it looks like the show is only going to be 1/2 the size or less compared to previous TMSes I've been to. :(

4. warrior

warrior New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Please hurry with EVII. Will be interesting to see if Nisson Leaf measures up to toyota:rolleyes: