1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Attention Texas Prius Owners: The Clean Vehicle Incentive Program

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by darkleafar, Mar 8, 2013.

1. darkleafar

darkleafar Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    When I bought my Prius v Three last March, I came across the Clean Vehicle Incentive Program available for state of Texas residents, which at first I thought was some sort of tax credit that I was supposed to claim in 2013 tax season (i.e. around right now). However, when i did my taxes, nobody seemed to know about it. After a little for digging it seems it is a separate monetary incentive from what would be my tax return, as it seems there is an application to be filled out in order to get said incentive.

When you go to the website, it tells you to call the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts in to make sure there is funding available. I called and they told me that to their knowledge, this program has not been funded this year or the year before. Nevertheless, they updated their vehicle list for 2013 vehicles? Why is information on a program that is not longer being funded being kept up to date?

Has anybody ever managed to get a check from/through this program?
    Does anybody know whether we can wait months/years to claim to incentive or does it have to be immediately after purchase?
    Any other insight?

All information would be greatly appreciated. After all, if there is something to be figured out here all recent Texas Prius owners may benefit from this :)

All relevant links are posted below:

Light-Duty Motor Vehicle Purchase or Lease Incentive Program — Texas Commission on Environmental Quality

The Clean Vehicle Incentive Program

2. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a vague recollection this was asked previously.

You may also want to check the US government LINKS in the main post here:
    Federal and State Incentives for Plug-Ins, EV's | PriusChat
    but I don't think we have any specific discussion from Texas owners about PiP or Prius HEV incentives.

3. darkleafar

darkleafar Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I have researched it before and to my knowledge there isn't any more federal credits for hybrid vehicles. But the Texas thing has been bugging me for a year. I hope someone has some info on this

4. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I looked into this before too. I don't think there's ever been any actual funding for it.

5. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    In the one LINK there is state by state listing

States:
    Saw this (but not sure if its your program)​
    Application forms may not be submitted at this time. The latest ERIG grant round ended on December 19, 2012.
    Please register with our E-mail Subscription Service to receive details on future funding opportunities as they become available.

6. darkleafar

darkleafar Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three

7. darkleafar

darkleafar Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    hmm So it looks like no one has ever successfully claimed this incentive? I thought I would get at least one person who had done this