1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Attila Vass's visit w/ the Chief Prius Engineer

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by efusco, Nov 16, 2006.

1. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    With the appropriate Agilent VSA test mainframe and Agilent CANBus module, it’s fairly straightforward to access all of the CANBus, LIN, and BEAN parameters.

I was quite surprised that the newest iteration of Agilent’s CANBus software and modules include support for both industrial AND automotive. We upgraded late this summer to new Agilent test/development mainframes and didn’t expect the automotive support built-in, which is something we never do anyway.

So if Toyota thinks they can keep people locked out of their HSD software, they’re sadly mistaken. Just as there is a thriving aftermarket for hacking GM products to disable speed limiters, change shift points, air/fuel maps, etc, it will only be a matter of time before somebody accepts the legal risks and introduces a good way to fully access the Prius

2. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Silver Phoenix @ Feb 2 2007, 03:38 PM) [snapback]384613[/snapback]</div>
    Just a matter of time. Actually, with the Agilent test mainframes, you could already do that. They have native support now for industrial AND automotive CAN.

3. slvr_phoenix

slvr_phoenix Tinker Gnome

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jayman @ Nov 29 2006, 11:50 AM) [snapback]355271[/snapback]</div>
    I'd prefer a good way to fully access the MFD+radio. I'd love to install a mini in-car computer that could use the touch screen as a mouse and could run GPS software just like it was the factory GPS ... but better. But yeah, add to that in-car MFD-tied computer a scan tool with access to every last detail. It'd be nice.