1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Audio books and the Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by wjterry, Nov 29, 2009.

1. CRose

CRose New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a question: I listen to audio books in my Prius via my iPod and am having trouble scrolling through chapters. I can scroll through pages using the seek tab but not chapters. Do you know how? Also, when I turn off the car and turn it back on, sometimes it takes me back to the begining. Any suggestions?

2. what the hal

what the hal New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I have a 2010 Prius with the gps/audio screen. I have tried using my ipod to play audiobooks. The car audio system controls the ipod. Is there a way to fast forward other than the search/up arrow? This only moves forward 20 seconds at a time and takes a while to move forward two hours of the book. Also, when I am playing a book, turn off the car, and and then come back later, sometimes the book starts where I left off, sometimes it goes back to the beginning, and sometimes it starts back about 20 minutes from where I left off. Is there a correct way to turn off and on the ipod so it will resume where I left off?

3. jangell2

jangell2 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I have an iPhone 3GS and the GenIII 2010 Prius without Nav. We have an aux in, but no USB.

Does using bluetooth to play back the books (or any music on the phone, for that matter) only work with a Prius equipped with Nav?

Well, never mind. Our factory installed unit doesn't have bluetooth.