1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Audio Help

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by CelloGreg, May 9, 2020.

?
  1. Option 1

100.0%
  2. Option 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. CelloGreg

CelloGreg Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I want to upgrade my 2017 Prius 2 audio system. I have the most basic system and I cannot decide between two options. Please help!!

option 1- I purchase the JBLSoundHub Pro to fit in the spare tire rim under the back cargo area. I could also upgrade the head unit to CarPlay and improve the speakers.

option 2- I purchase 2 miniamps and rewire the front soundstage to either a component set, or a 3 1/2” and a 6.5” then in rear doors use other amp to run to component subwoofers in each door.

Any Help would be great!

2. thomassster

thomassster Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    installing components will require a bit of customization of the plastic panels. The head unit was the biggest impact, since you get an equalizer and crossovers. I'm happy with my infinity reference coaxial speakers for the 6 speakers. I personally felt components wouldn't be that much better improvements. I did use a crossover capacitor for my coaxial dash speakers since it couldn't handle the low frequencies that well.

3. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    In my experience a head unit swap gives the best bang for the buck. If you're going to do one thing to your car's audio, do that one thing.

A good aftermarket deck can potentially bring a ton of extra features and improved versions of the features you already have. Better display, better integration with your phone, easier stream/track/channel selection, audio processing etc. It's all on the menu with a head unit change.

krmcg likes this.