1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Audio source

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by required_username, Dec 21, 2016.

1. required_username

required_username Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Just bought a 2nd Prius - V, I think. I can't find how to add that to my profile.
    My problem will take a sentence or two of background. Since having my phone connected to my car, the call feature works perfectly. For the months I've had the car, the audio has worked perfectly . . . until 2 days ago. Now, when I get in and start my car, the music starts automatically. I don't want that. I want it to start only when I start it from my phone.
    I can connect my phone to the car and let the car have control (I forget the lingo), but when I try to change it to connect from my phone, it fails. How do I connect from my phone? I don't want music to start every time I turn on the ignition.

2. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    USB data cable connection or Bluetooth pairing connection?

3. required_username

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Bluetooth. Sorry, I forgot that part.

4. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Interesting. IME, that does occur on the 2012 v Five when using a USB data cable with the iPhone 5/6 and WInPhone 7/8/10, but not when the same handsets are Bluetooth paired. Must be something in the Prius audio system defaults. I would check the Setup/Audio page (or whatever it is on your Prius model TBA) for content defaults and selections.

5. required_username

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Well, I've learned a little.
    First, I've found, when music starts playing, I can turn off the audio in the Prius and the music stops. Insure audio is off, turn off ignition, wait 1 hour, get in car, turn on ignition, audio starts. Somehow, the audio in the Prius comes on when I start the ignition, even when the audio was off when the engine stopped.
    Second, this behavior is consistent over 3 cells - my Android, my wife's iphone, my son's android. Whichever phone is close when the ignition is turned on is the one that plays music automatically.
    Thus, I suspect the problem is in the Prius. Initially, I was able to find a 'let phome control audio' and 'let car control audio,' but can't find it now. Could that be it?

6. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Yup.

7. required_username

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    OK, followup. Where is it? Can't find it now.

8. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I don't have a 2008 hatchback but let me guess: Audio Source Setup

9. required_username

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Unfortunately, it's a 2016 v. As noted in the original post, can't find how to add a 2nd Prius to my profile. Tried Setup>Audio as Air_Boss suggested. I'll try Audio>Source.

Air_Boss likes this.
  10. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    There you go!