1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Auto Door locks

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by 08NWPrius, Oct 5, 2007.

1. rwhoyle

rwhoyle Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ds_1910 @ Oct 15 2007, 02:38 PM) [snapback]525961[/snapback]</div>
    Based on the Prius car manuals, this feature appears to be available only for the 2008 Models. I have an '08 Touring and will be contacting my local Dealer to get the scan done.

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Interesting... so Toyota decided to slip a feature in and not tell anybody about it (unless they read the manual.. and even then, it's not enabled). Interesting.

Makes you wonder if the feature was there all along from 04-08. (esp. since for 2005, toyota.com did list it under the Features page.)

3. MSQ

MSQ New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sliderule @ Oct 15 2007, 03:08 PM) [snapback]525981[/snapback]</div>

I received a voice message from my dealer today (responding to my phone call to the corporate office) telling me how to unlock the doors... :blink: He said, if you need to unlock one side, just press the button once, and if you need to unlock both then press the button twice :lol: ... WOW... now we know the secret!!!

That was followed by, and you know the doors will automatically unlock when you put the car in drive... :lol: SSSSSOOOOO... I called the technician which I've been going to for years with my 4Runner and told her to get a hold of this guy and tell him what the issue is and the fact that I've gone to 2 different dealers so far and gotten nothing resolved....

She's going to call me back. I'm glad to hear others are having better results.

4. 08NWPrius

08NWPrius New Member

I went to my dealer after the "Director of Service" assured me that they could program the doors to lock. This was after he went to their master tech and he double checked that they could make the changes. Of course when I got there the master tech was gone for the day but I was assured that he had left detailed instructions on how to make this change. After 45 minutes they pulled my car around and told me that there was not a speed setting but a time setting........and that they changed the setting from 15 seconds to 60 seconds. :huh: I reminded them that the car did not auto lock at all..............so I get in and drive away watching the clock.....and as you've probably surmised nothing happened!! So I drove back to the dealership at which point the rookie tech brought the scan tool out plugged it in and showed me where the changes were that he made. It did list a time setting so he changed it back to 15 seconds. They assured me they would call Toyota and let me know tomorrow (10-16) but I’m not holding my breath.

5. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(08NWPrius @ Oct 15 2007, 07:00 PM) [snapback]526130[/snapback]</div>

omg... you know what they did? they change the "auto-relocking" feature after you unlock the car and no doors have been opened.

IOW, they changed it such that if you unlock the car and do nothing, it'll relock itself after 60 seconds

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

6. 08NWPrius

08NWPrius New Member

You are probably right!! The kid that was reviewing the info on the scan tool had no clue as to what he was changing...... I could tell he was not sure what the values meant. In many ways I'm lucky to have only come away from the dealer with two chips in the paint by the drivers door handle, a very dirty center arm rest, and and a dirty front seat........ :(

7. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(08NWPrius @ Oct 15 2007, 07:00 PM) [snapback]526130[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah Tideland Prius is probably right. My 2005 has a timed auto lock. If you use the remote to unlock the doors, but don't touch the car, the doors will re-lock in 30 seconds.

8. MSQ

MSQ New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(aaf709 @ Oct 16 2007, 03:43 PM) [snapback]526527[/snapback]</div>
    I just spoke to Tiffany at Toyota Corporate and she said she would call me by Friday after doing some research... <_< I think this is going to be my last call, I have some serious doubts.

9. 08NWPrius

08NWPrius New Member

If I do not hear anything from my dealer by the 25th........ which is looking doubtful… :( .. I will be visiting TMS on an unrelated topic and I will see if I can get some answers from some one there. If that doesn’t work I will be seeing the folks from GST, SET, and TMS at the SEMA show at the end of the month in Vegas.... B) Hopefully somebody in that group can steer me in the right direction!!!

10. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(08NWPrius @ Oct 16 2007, 01:12 PM) [snapback]526505[/snapback]</div>
    Trust me, that's nothing compared to what I experienced ;) . You can either search for the thread or ask.

11. MSQ

MSQ New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius @ Oct 16 2007, 11:07 PM) [snapback]526687[/snapback]</div>
    GREAT NEWS!!!

I got a call back today from Toyota and they informed me there is no way to make that option work. Why is this great news you might ask, because they quit giving me the damn run around and just simply stated the facts. I would have greatly appreciated that from the beginning, but regardless Coastal tech gets the opportunity to do what Toyota should have been able to do easily.

Good luck everyone.

MSQ. 0o0~

12. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MSQ @ Oct 19 2007, 12:07 PM) [snapback]527854[/snapback]</div>
    So basically there is no auto door locks like other Toyotas.

13. 08NWPrius

08NWPrius New Member

I received two calls today one from my dealer making sure that I had heard directly from TMS…..I had not, and one from TMS…. Stating the same thing as they told MSQ…… this functionality is a misprint!!! What a bummer two trips to separate dealers and an hour at each one…………. after all is said & done all I get for reading the manual is two nicks in the driver’s door courtesy of Wilsonville Toyota!!! :(

14. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius @ Oct 11 2007, 05:00 PM) [snapback]524233[/snapback]</div>

You guys lost me completely !!! :lol: :lol:

so I'm guessing scan tool or no scan tool, the auto lock feature is not, and will not be available for the '06 models.?.?.???? oh, well, more beer........... :lol: :lol:

15. RobH

RobH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I suspect that any new-for-2008 option requires use of the new TIS Techstream scan tool.

Support for the MasterTech 3100 ended with the 2006 year models, or later depending on who you believe.

Looking for the autolock options on a MasterTech isn't going to work. Not there.

16. ddtman

ddtman New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MSQ @ Oct 5 2007, 11:15 PM) [snapback]522079[/snapback]</div>

Same experience in Daytona, the dealer doesn't have a clue on what to do. The manual says one thing, the dealer another, consumer in the middle as usual.

17. CaptainMatt

CaptainMatt Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(08NWPrius @ Oct 5 2007, 04:27 PM) [snapback]521914[/snapback]</div>
    I have some sort of auto locking feature on my 07 Touring and am still trying to get an answer to the question of why, when I push Power On with my seat belt not fastened, the doors lock; yet, if I fasten my seat belt first, then press Power On, the doors do not lock...

18. sinistersushi

sinistersushi New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CaptainMatt @ Oct 28 2007, 04:00 PM) [snapback]531668[/snapback]</div>
    This is really disappointing. I waisted 2 hours at my dealer trying to get the auto lock feature referred to on page 488 of the 2008 manual activated. The dealer sent me on my way without resolution and told me they would call back after talking to Toyota. Later that day the dealer called and said Toyota told them there was no such feature in the 2008 (although the tech at my dealer said that he has turned on such a feature on the 2005 and 2006, but not the 2007, Prius).

Kind Regards,

19. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm pretty sure it's the auto RE-locking feature the dealers are talking about.

20. RobH

RobH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    If the scan tool was a MasterTech 3100, then it has not been updated for 2008 Toyota vehicles. Here's a MasterTech:
    [attachmentid=12390]

Anything new for 2008 is going to require the TIS Techstream scantool. Maybe this tool can set the autolock:
    [attachmentid=12391]

Attached Files: