1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Auto Enginuity Question.

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by depriusoto, Nov 6, 2013.

1. depriusoto

depriusoto Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I now have AE to use on my 02 Prius Project. I'm familiar with the ScanGaugeII tracking and I am wondering what in AE provides the same information that the battery voltage (btv).
    thanks,
    Ed K

2. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus

I had Auto Enginuity a couple of years ago until a virus wiped out the Windows XP, virtual image it was running on. A little pricy, $500, its big advantage over miniVCI (i.e., hacked Techstream Lite) was continuous recording. But both follow a model of 'select the controller' and read that controller's data. I had contacted the developer and he was not sympathetic to reading and writing data from different controllers so I let my maintenance lapse and after the virus, didn't really care.

Assuming you got the Toyota option, you'll have to select the model year. Also, make sure it is set for ISO-9141/KWP2000. If you try to auto-discover the OBD protocol, it'll spike the brake controller and generate false codes. Once connected, look for the battery controller, select it, and you'll have full access to all battery voltages.

GOOD LUCK!
    Bob Wilson

3. yotatoter

yotatoter Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    I
    I also have AE and have not had a problem with it.. You will need to select your controller and than you get live data on all your battery voltages and percent of charge..