1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Featured Auto Express: Hyundai Ioniq vs Toyota Prius

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Tideland Prius, Nov 19, 2016.

1. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    just put a 12v in it. it's a nice idea, but not a world beater. if you perfect it, add it to the next year.

2. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Well, it is about a year since the Korea intro, and it might be a world beater. The S. Korea tests use the same cycles as the US. When released there, the Ioniq was between the gen3 and gen4 Prius in economy ratings. What has been seen of EPA ratings for the US, the Ioniq beats the gen4.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i think the people who own them have said they are similar. but i was talking about the battery. still it will take a lot more than mpg's to give the prius a run, especially in a slipping market. if they are cheap, toyota will drop their pants. hyundai does tend to load up the free options though.

RCO likes this.
  4. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I'll drop by the Hyundai dealer and take photos of the Monroney stickers.

Bob Wilson

5. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    We personally found out the hard way, what 'lifetime' actually means. A lifetime warranty does NOT mean it will not loose any capacity. That should be obvious, as that would defy the known laws of physics. After you dive deep into your contract's boilerplate, you discover that in reality, it means you won't loose a certain amount of capacity, over a certain amount of months/years.
    and the electric range is a few miles less in the Prius Prime. That's sometimes an important factor. For example, i work for Disney & if you drive to work completely w/in the epa's stated range, employees get a buck each day they drive to work. Similar to a car pool incentive.

#25 hill, Jan 8, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
    Bluecar1 and RCO like this.