1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Auto forums in general...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by mootsman, Apr 7, 2007.

1. brick

brick Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    And don't forget that there are only two ways to drive a Prius:

a) 30+mph over the speed limit and passing left lane traffic while diving to the right every time another car comes within a quarter mile to the rear, except on Saturdays and Sundays in which case it is much safer to do 40+ over the PSL because to do otherwise would have roughly the same effect as parking sideways across two lanes of traffic.

or

b ) 25mph max in a 65 zone, pulsing between 10 and 30 where appropriate while drafting trucks, Pugeots, horses, and bicycles while smoking marijuana and flipping off every driver of a vehicle that weighs more than 3500lb *except* those running home-brewed biofuels. Clothing optional, but not recommended due to the extra weight.

We get loads of mileage out of that one!

2. Prudence

Prudence New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    The poles are positive and negative members, with the happy medium inbetween. I am here to learn and have an exchange of ideas. I'm not here to be a soundboard for some chronically unhappy individual. With forums you can chose not to click on topics designed to start controversy or replies meant to inflame. I'm new, but I already know who to avoid. Use your mouse wisely and keep your blood pressure down.

3. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    If I just spent 22 to 30k on something, you're damn right I'm gonna be proud of what I purchased. The need for justification is a powerful thing.

4. Tyrin

Tyrin New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brick @ Apr 8 2007, 10:06 AM) [snapback]419789[/snapback]</div>
    :lol: :lol:

No, only one way. The other way is done by *ssholes. :D
    (works either way)

5. SW03ES

SW03ES Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I've been posting on and moderating car forums for the better part of a decade, thats always how it is. Think about it it makes sense, either extreme satisfaction or extreme dissatisfaction drive your desire to join a forum and post. Just the nature of it.

The secret to running a good forum is, sadly as it may sound, to keep the dissatisfied people at bay. Those people, however justified they may be will just use your forum as a vehicle to take out their frustrations are and often have a problem understanding that what they're posting and who they're dealing with aren't linked to the manufacturer. If you encourage them to hang around, the whole tone of your forum will turn in the wrong direction.

I see some of that here, but not much. All in all this is a good forum.

6. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I hate this car. And it is the best one I could buy.

7. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darelldd @ Apr 8 2007, 09:33 PM) [snapback]420087[/snapback]</div>
    :lol: