1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Auto Insight Community

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by efusco, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Skwyre7

Skwyre7 What's the catch?

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    It was not my intention to come off sounding like the other people's opinions on AIOC were no valid. Although, rereading my previous post, it does kind of sound like that's where I was heading. I was attempting to state that there was a vast difference of opinions there and it's a shame they aren't letting everyone have a chance to express theirs.

2. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    oh well... its THEIR loss

3. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    They haven't even given me the courtesy of a "We don't want you." But I don't blame you, Evan. They told you they wanted diverse opinions, and apparently they only want "diverse" opinions from people who drive the cars they approve of.

4. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Daniel, and any one else who had issues with getting a response. Be aware that AutoInsight may be contacting you to participate. Apparently there was a software glitch or something. I got the following e-mail today from them....don't ask me why it took them 3 months to figure it out?!:mmph:
    I reiterate that it really can be an intereting and worthwhile survey group to participate in if any of you are still interested. And, for the most part, the group seems to work quite well.

Hello efusco,

It has come to our attention that some of your friends/family have not yet received the initial survey to join the Auto Insight Online Community. We apologize for the delay in sending these surveys, and have just sent today. Unfortunately we have found an unknown error in our referral system that has come with the upgrade to the new site and do apologize for the inconvenience.

If the person that you have referred does not receive the survey within 24 hours, please feel free to email the team at [email protected]. Please have them check their Junk Mail box before emailing the team, just in case it was accidentally sent there.

All referral points will be paid out on the next incentive period (On July 15, 2008). We will send an email to all members who have successfully referred someone (member has qualified, joined and participated on the Auto Insight Online Community) to inform you that your points have been logged into our system.

Again, we sincerely apologize for the error that was caused, and appreciate your patience in this matter. Thank you for being a member of the Auto Insight Online Community!

Sincerely,

Brian and the Auto Insight Team

5. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Okay. If they email me, fine. If not, fine. Actually, it seems to me that I took the survey, and THEN heard nothing more from them; not even the courtesy of a "you don't qualify." I presumed it was because they were not interested in EV owners. You felt they should hear our views. But I think they mainly exist to provide feedback to the big auto companies, who don't care about those of us who've switched away from gas.

Just guessing.

As for checking my spam folder, do you know how much mail goes into my spam folder every day? I think a couple of hundred emails. :mad2:

6. JSH

JSH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I'm trying to sign up again. The last time I took part of the initial survey but only made it to about the 2nd page. When they asked if I worked for an automaker or supplier I said "Yes" and was immediately rejected. Since I no longer work for Delphi, I guess I'll try again.

7. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Okay. I was trying to remember just what had happened, and I found my answer in my own earlier posts:

Evan said in a reply that he supposed it was an oversight that EV is not listed as an option, and that you can list Prius in the survey and then change it with an email. But people were apparently being turned down because they had too many Prius owners. And:

And of course they don't reply to emails from non-members. I am convinced that they are not interested in hearing from owners of unconventional cars.

This would not be an issue for me except that Even seems eager for them to hear from us. I have no need for their give-aways. I'm happy to share my opinions, but they don't seem to be interested.

8. Skwyre7

Skwyre7 What's the catch?

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Evan, I got a similar email from them about a month ago. I retook the survey, and again nothing. Whatever. I'm with Daniel. If they want me, fine. If not, fine.