1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Auto locks not auto locking

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by BarbM, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    There's a guy across the street from us with a largish utility van, drives it for his work. I notice his mirrors are always folded, but while it's a near-new vehicle it doesn't seem high end. I watched him parking one time: he just folds them by hand.

The one time I feel the need to do ours is on the ferry, and for that I'd rather they were manual: having motorized mirrors folding everytime the car is locked; seems like cargo cult, failure prone.

Raytheeagle likes this.
  2. RCO

RCO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    In my UK model the mirror folding can be activated or disabled through the settings menu, but there is also a two way rocker switch just behind the driver's door mirror adjuster. With that you can manually select open or fold and I think maybe select Auto. Will look next time. Today's a stay at home day; much of UK under a blanket of snow up to a foot deep (28cm). Devon and Cornwall have cloud with occasional sunny spells but winds of 55kph and gusts up to 80kph. All this in a country smaller than many US States!

#22 RCO, Dec 10, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
    Mendel Leisk, Mark57 and Prodigyplace like this.
  3. Sooner Al

Sooner Al Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    So who pressed the button?

IMG_1538.jpg

RCO, Prodigyplace and Raytheeagle like this.
  4. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Appreciate the picture. I always get a kick, hearing the minutia of some place, halfway around the world.

One time when I was steel detailing, was on the phone with a fabricator in Missouri, and in the background heard the squeak/slam of a screen door. That sort of thing, the mundane immediacy, blows my mind for some reason.

RCO likes this.