1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Auto off Headlights on LE?

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Main Forum' started by Argyros, Oct 10, 2023.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    If that setting is the same as other Prii with Auto-Off headlights, note that only works with the driver's door. If you exit out the front passenger door, it will not turn off.

(e.g. you went to get something from the glovebox and entered via the front passenger door, and for whatever reason, also turned the car on in IG-On mode).

2. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    My older Prius doesn't have a buzzer in its mix of actions to choose from. That seems to be a newer addition to the mixture of possible actions.

Before I took delivery, the dealer gave me a check-off sheet listing all the parameters that could be changed from their factory defaults, and they adjusted such according to my checkmarks as part of PDI. Among other things, I elected to have the headlight timeout changed from the factory default of 30 seconds, to 0 seconds. They did it, and I have left it at that ever since.

It seems that option list should have grown since then.

The lights just come on when pushing the Start/Stop button. Again, mine doesn't have a buzzer choice.

3. Gokhan

Gokhan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    In case you didn't know, there is also a capacitive lock button on the door handle. I didn't realize that existed for a while.

4. Argyros

Argyros Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    Yes, I use it all the time, when I don't have to get something out of the hatch.

Gokhan likes this.