1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Auto-on headlights for v2 and v3

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by mudmanrv, Dec 2, 2012.

1. TheTewks

TheTewks Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I just bought that same part, and I'm hoping I understood this correctly. I'll swap my stalk for this new one, and everything will work, no wiring needed! I've got a 2015 two with halogen stock DRL's that are my high beams at 50%, (though I'm hoping to add the stock LED DRL from the level three and higher that is in the bumper.

2. TheTewks

TheTewks Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Well, it plugs in perfectly, but it does not change anything. No auto headlights. I plugged it in, backed the car into the garage and turned off the lights so it was dark, and set it on auto. Nothing. DRL stayed on. Just like before. Tested the rest of the switches, they all work like normal. Didn't hear a click for a relay or anything when I turned on the foglight switch, but I wasn't really expecting that to magically work.

3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    If you have a scan tool that can read live data, you might connect to the body ECU and look for a value called "illumination rate". Does that change when you shine more or less light onto the dome-shaped light sensor on the dash, or when you cover it?

If not, there might be some wiring missing between that sensor and the body ECU, as is the case in early Gen 3 liftbacks.

TheTewks likes this.