1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Auto tilt mirrors

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by bobc, Apr 25, 2007.

1. bobc

bobc New Member

Hi Galaxee,

Well, there goes that theory about the module running on something less than 12v...

I'll have to think some more. I had found that 3v wire with the car off and just sitting there with a volt meter. There was one wire that looked to be transmiitting data as the voltage was all over the place. Now I know that THAT wire would be one to stay away from...

That's wild that the mirror controls still worked, but now that I think about it, that makes sense.

As for the capacitor that was cooking was in the upper left corner as you hold the module with the sticky tape side down and the harness plug in towards you. I took the circuit board out of the case and I couldn't touch the edge of the board by that capacitor it was so hot...

Let me know how you make out this weekend. If I have time this week, I'll see if I can make any more sense out of it.

I think I PM'd you that I tried connecting mine on the driver's side versus the passenger's side. Naterprius had mentioned this.

It seems to make more sense as everything that is needed is under the driver's side kick panel: The IE1 harness has the passenger's side mirror motor wires going through it, there's the backup lamp wire to tap into in addition to ground and constant power (+B). This saves running the wire under the dash to tap into reverse.

Just to confuse, here's how I configured the pins so that it would plug in on the driver's side:

Module pin #1 = Connector B pin #4 = NA Prius IE1 pin #5 (Green)
    Module pin #2 = Connector C pin #5 = NA Prius IE1 pin #4 (Violet)
    Module pin #3 = Connector B pin #5 = NA Prius IE1 pin #4 (Violet)
    Module pin #5 = Connector C pin #6 = NA Prius IE1 pin #3 (Yellow)
    Module pin #6 = Connector B pin #6 = NA Prius IE1 pin #3 (Yellow)
    Module pin #8 = Connector B+C pin 3 = NA Prius IE1 pin #18 (Red)
    Module pin #9 = Connector C pin #4 = NA Prius IE1 pin #5 (Green)
    Module pin #12 tapped onto IF1 pin #6 (Red)
    Module pin #14 can tapped onto IE1 pin #6 (Pink)

The IE connector is blue, just like on the passenger's side.
    The constant power (+B) was taken from the door courtesy light.
    The Ignition power was taken from the power heading to the remote mirror control pad. I also tapped into the power outlet under the dash, too as this has constant power.

--------------------------------------------------------

IF DH wants to install module on passenger's side, he can get constant power from the door courtesy light on that side IL1 pin #17 or 18 (I can't remember). It's red.

Also, the wire running to the backup light can be accessed under the passenger's side kick panel. So, this way, he wouldn't have to run under the dash across the car. Tap into Junction Connector #10 pin A. He'll see this on the Back-Up Light wiring diagram.

On the connector, it's labeled: #1. He can tap into #1, #2 or #3 on that connector, they are all tied together. The connector is right behind that little 3"x3" interior trim piece that sits directly below the right-hand most register and right of the glove box. The connector is taped to bundle of wires just in front of the EV (or is it called Hybrid?) ECU. It's where we go to plug in the EV switch wire.

I'll be interested in hearing how you made out!

Cheers,

WTH,

Those smiley faces are supposed to the capital letter B....

2. ken1784

ken1784 SuperMID designer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bobc @ May 15 2007, 08:31 AM) [snapback]441997[/snapback]</div>
    I wrote...
    "The 22P connector is labeled as EM3 for IG-ON line. You don't have to connect it there. Any place for IG-ON line is fine. "
    So, my recommendation is forget about the 22P connector.
    You can find a lot of places for sure to get the IG-ON 12V power. For example, Pin#4 of E7 on the engine ECU.

Ken@Japan

3. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    he still hasn't had time to think on this much... he had a mess of a 4runner dropped in his lap and has been dealing with that since. hopefully he'll get to look at it next week sometime when that's out of his hair. next weekend he's heading out to pick up our replacement camry.

you said naterprius had posted on this same module... i'll have to go dig those up for him too.

4. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    to follow up: puzzle solved here