1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Auto-unlock Drivers side door not working

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by Sfish20125, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Sfish20125

Sfish20125 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Hello all,

I recently did an audio upgrade (I’ll post a write up when it’s all done), including sound deadening of the doors. However, after I put the doors back together the last time, I can no longer unlock the drivers side door by just touching the door handle with the key on my person. Interestingly, it still works when I touch the passenger door handle or the hatch.

Any suggestions on where I can look to try to fix this? I put the same amount of sound deadening on both doors, but I may have inadvertently covered something up. I tried changing the battery just to make sure, but no improvement.

I did install an amp under the passenger seat, any chance I accidentally messed something up there?

Thank you for the help in advance.

2. DTKim

DTKim Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Just double check your connectors and wiring in the driver’s door, especially by the handle. How much and what kind of sound insulation did you put?

if you said the passenger handle works and that means it also opens/closes the driver door, I’ll assume the windows work too and the problem is isolated to the door handle wiring.

bisco likes this.
  3. Sfish20125

Sfish20125 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I used CLD and CCF over the door. I used the same thing on the passenger side, which works just fine, leading me to believe this might not be the case. I did a quick check of everything, but can’t locate any wires that seem out of place. The lock/unlock functions all stick work with my key, but it does not sense my key when I walk up to unlock the doors. This works fine when approaching the rear hatch or passenger door. All window functions work as well.

I had seen in one post someone mentioned accidentally bumping a fuse near the drivers seat, but I thought all of those were under the hood. I definitely have been taking the lower panels off a lot to run speaker wire, so I may have knocked something there. Other than the wiring harnesses on the door, is there anything else I should check? Everything looks generally ok that I’ve been able to see so far

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i've never seen them but there might be fuses by the drivers left foot.