1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Auto-windows gone after replacing HV coolant pump

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by MattFL, Aug 25, 2015.

1. MattFL

MattFL Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Can anyone tell me how to re-enable the drivers-side automatic window on a 2008 Prius? I mean where you click the button up or down and let go and the window opens or closes on its own.

My HV coolant pump went out, I replaced it, and when I was done the drivers side window now operates similar to a standard window; when you click the switch all the way up, or all the way down, the window moves, but stops moving as soon as you let go of the switch. Oddly, moving he switch only half-way now does nothing, where as previously it would operate the window in manual mode (the window stops moving as soon as you let go of the switch). So it's like manual mode switch position does nothing, and automatic mode switch position operates the window in manual mode.

In the process of attempting to clear the trouble code after replacing the pump I put the dash computer into diagnostic mode (while attempting to clear the trouble code) by pushing the car power button a couple of times and then turning the headlights on and off 3x. I pushed "clear codes" on the screen then turned the car off. That did not clear the HV pump code so I removed the 12V battery for about 30 minutes. When I reconnected the battery the HV pump trouble code was cleared, and so was my automatic window! Has anyone heard of this before, or have any idea how to change it back?

2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    With 3rd gen you run the window down, then back up, and continue to hold the button in up position, for at least two more seconds.

Not sure but might work on second gen

3. valde3

valde3 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Manual says to put Prius in ig-on (power button twice without brake). Drive the window to about half way. Then push switch fully up and hold it there at least one second after window is up.
    Then test if auto window function works. If it doesn’t, disconnect the 12v battery again. And redo the learning proses.

An even simpler process has worked but since you have problems maybe its wise to go by the book.

4. MattFL

MattFL Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Thanks guys I will give these a try and report back!

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  5. MattFL

MattFL Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    OK that did the trick! I rolled the window half way down, waited a few seconds, then rolled it up and held the button for a few seconds after it was up and presto auto window functionality was back. Thanks!

valde3 and Mendel Leisk like this.