1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Auto wiper sensor without auto wipers on 3T?

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Technical Discussion' started by n4in, Aug 16, 2018.

1. n4in

n4in Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Question, I have 2018 3 Touring that does not have auto wiper option but has auto wiper sensor just to the right of windshield camera at top center of windshield. I know on some Toyota models some higher grade options are easy to add by just upgrading the switching. My basic Tacoma years back did not have intermittent wipers but switching out the standard switch/wand selector to one with intermittent selector, cost just a few dollars.

Anyone else have this?

As a side note: I am getting ready to install dashcam, viofo A119S and still deciding to exact spot on the windshield to attach.

2. FuelMiser

FuelMiser Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I believe that's a camera for Front Collision Detection, among other things...part of the TSS-P (Toyota Safety Sense)

Attached Files:

3. n4in

n4in Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Not the enclosed center camera, the sensor that is immediately to the right of the camera is what I am referring to. I know is it used for automatic wiper sensing, I am wondering if it is also used for auto high beam sensing also. Thanks for the Toyota Safety Sense info interesting to read.

4. RRxing

RRxing Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    It's a humidity sensor.

Humidity Sensor.PNG

RCO likes this.
  5. n4in

n4in Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    OK thanks, saw that in owner's manual, thought there might be more functionality than just a simple humidity sensor for climate system.

RCO likes this.