1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Featured Automakers and Fuel Efficiency Standards

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by bwilson4web, Oct 10, 2017.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Source: Automakers Supporting Revision of Fuel Efficiency Standards | TheDetroitBureau.com

Automakers Supporting Revision of Fuel Efficiency Standards
    Move comes despite public support for tougher mandates.
    by Michael Strong on Oct.09, 2017

EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt reopened the review of tougher CAFE standards going into effect for 2025.

Automakers want federal regulators to revise fuel efficiency mandates because meeting the standard for 2025 of 54.5 mpg would be cost prohibitive and, perhaps more importantly, U.S. consumers do not care about the mandate anyway, according to two trade association groups representing automakers.
    The revelation, which comes two months after automakers said they were onboard with the tougher rules, was unveiled in testimony submitted in advance of meetings being held by the Environmental Protection Agency and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration about the topic.
    . . .

Given the low take rate of fuel efficient cars, I'm not surprised. As for these trade associations, I'm reminded of:

Given how many poorly executed versions we've seen including "Clean Diesel", it makes sense.

Bob Wilson

pilotgrrl likes this.