1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Automatic cabin lights?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by bwilson4web, Oct 27, 2010.

1. macman408

macman408 Electron Guidance Counselor

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Seems likely, given the manual, p366:

My reading of that is that the "or" should be an "and", and that it only applies to the door mode, as you mention.

Who wrote this crummy manual, anyway? Can Toyota hire an elementary school English teacher on their summers off to do a bit of proofreading, please?

2. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I have run two experiments, 2 hrs. and 1 hr., and both times, the switch to the right and I came back to find the lights still on.

At 11:30 AM, I turned the switch on to the right and the car is sitting in the driveway. When I get home tonight, I'll check again. But I'm not finding the position to the right to be timed. In contrast, the door activated mode does fade although I've not timed it. It does seem to be in the 20 second interval.

I've got to take my wife's car in for a replacement FOB so I'll ask them if they can increase the door activated time to something a little longer than 20 seconds. Something like 2-5 minutes would be much nicer for our needs.

Thanks,
    Bob Wilson

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I believe 60 secs is the longest "on" time for the DOOR setting. Check that customisation page in the manual.. it lists all the available options.

4. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Testing results: right position is on 24x7.

Bob Wilson