1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Automatic car wash.

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by Kmullin80, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Kmullin80

Kmullin80 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Has anyone taken there c through an automatic car wash where it takes the car though it using rollers at the car wheels? I took my Prius c 2 to the car wash today and midway through the wash the roller slipped under the tire causing the car behind my Prius to hit the rear bumper causing 2 small dings in my back bumper from there license plate bolts in the front of the other car. I'm so upset even though its small and the owner of the car wash is going to pay to have it repaired! Has anyone else had a problem with there Prius in a car wash? It's hand washing all the way from now on.

2. John H

John H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  3. Kmullin80

Kmullin80 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
  4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i used to have a friend who lost his radio antenna every time he went thru the wash. and every time, they would buy him a new one.

Kmullin80 likes this.
  5. Rick Smih

Rick Smih Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    I
    We go thru almost every Tuesday without any issue.

6. roadrunner

roadrunner His (blue) and hers (black).

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    On Sunday my wife took her 2015 Prius C to the automatic car wash. The machine ripped of the front wheelcover and broke the rear wheelcover. It appears that the brushes got caught in the wheelcover and did the damage. We are waiting to hear back from the car wash owner. Now we need two 15" matching Toyota wheelcovers. Does anyone have two to sell?

7. 2011RedPrius

2011RedPrius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I highly recommend optimum no rinse. I have used it for about 6 years. It does a great job and you use very little water. I would also recommend their spray wax. I can wash, dry, and wax a car in under 40 minutes with these products (and that includes getting all of the products together and putting them up).

8. Gasoholic

Gasoholic Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Had a electric mirror ripped off once, another time they scratched the whole side of my car. I don't use them anymore.
    Gasoholic

9. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I guess it's easy to say just avoid carwashes. I do, never use them, but we're in a fairly temperate climate, have a house with a driveway, garden hose, all the stuff.

Maybe there'd be a commercial market for traditional car wash bay, for apartment dwellers, street parking renters. Not the pressure wash setup where you rent practically by the minute and have to buy all the supplies; just a bay with a decent hose: bring-your own bucket, sponge, brush and carwash soap.

10. I use touch less (no-brush) car washes particularly when I want the undercarriage washed. The blowers at the end have lifted the aerodynamic rubber strips on the roof of the car. I just push them back in after I pull into a parking spot.

D_n_D likes this.
  11. D_n_D

D_n_D Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I have a v. And have used both touch less and roller. I suggest the touch less. As it seems to clean better last longer and doesn't scratch due to dirty brushes.

I have not had it shift back in park. I just put it in neutral and it pulls along.

But being new to prius I always monitor it.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.