1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Automatic Parking Weirdness

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by mshoo1, May 9, 2016.

1. mshoo1

mshoo1 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Is anyone else having a mixed experience with the automatic parking feature when using it to reverse into a space between two cars (perpendicular parking)? It's eery how well the automated parking assist works for parallel parking, but I have found perpendicular parking a mixed bag at best. First, the car has to be positioned a very particular way in order to even select perpendicular parking. Sometimes I have to hit the button multiple times before it will give me the option to select it. Second, the actual parking job can be hit or miss. Sometimes it backs me up perfectly in the middle of a space. Other times, it will park me so close to a car that I can barely open my car door more than 8 inches. There seems to be no rhyme or reason. Are others experiencing the same behavior?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    that's a bummer, you would think they'd have it down to a science by now.

3. aforkosh

aforkosh Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    I've only tried it once, but it worked as the manual said:1:

1) I hit the assist button twice and it asked me to indicate which side via the turn signal.

2) It told me to move forward,stop, and reverse. At that point it steered me into the space. The car as not centered, but the system told me to go forward and rebacked me. centered. in the space.

So, did you terminate the process or did it stop on its own?

kithmo likes this.
  4. kithmo

kithmo Couch Potato

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    As Alan says, it will centralize you between the two cars if you follow the prompts, by going forward then back in again. Where it falls down is when there is only one car.