1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

automatic sound level

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by captnslur, Jul 14, 2006.

1. Three60guy

Three60guy -->All around guy<-- (360 = round) get it?

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    SHHHHHHH

2. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rufaro @ Jul 15 2006, 04:52 AM) [snapback]286657[/snapback]</div>
    Why don't you add an acronym dictionary to your Favorites or Bookmarks?

Here is a good one: TheFreeDictionary

3. mssmith95

mssmith95 Michael

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Well, yesterday I finally experimented with the ASL and found that it really does distort the sound!

It adds mids and low and creates a sort of echo effect (like I am in tunnel). I never noticed this before you guys mentioned it!

It does sound much better with it off and me turning the volume up just a little louder if need be.

Mike

4. Three60guy

Three60guy -->All around guy<-- (360 = round) get it?

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mssmith95 @ Jul 15 2006, 11:49 AM) [snapback]286766[/snapback]</div>
    Mike:

If it affects the mids and lows then you have reached the "SOUNDS" button not the "ASL" button. The ASL button is just to the right of the "SOUNDS" button and is labeled "ASL". The SOUNDS button is the place where you can modify the treble and base levels of your radio/cd/satellite. Each of those (radio/cd/satellite) can be set seperately. So, try going back and checking on which button you clicked on.

Just as a suggestion, I get the best results when the mids are left alone in the center, highs increased (to the right) and lows increased (to the right). This will give you the effect of a much more dynamic sound but without the distortion you are experiencing. If the mids are also increased you WILL get distortion.

Hope that helps and provides less confusion to others concerning the ASL option.

Cheers

5. Alnilam

Alnilam The One in the Middle

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rufaro @ Jul 15 2006, 07:34 AM) [snapback]286724[/snapback]</div>
    Arkansas: 2,000,000 citizens; 3,000 last names.

JUST KIDDING! (I get California jokes too!)

6. captnslur

captnslur Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Well, I know a whole lot more than I need to know about the ASL and eewwweeh, that Arkansas thing...........but I'm still not sure that I percieve any change in sound level or quality with the system on or off.

Guess I will catagorize this feature the same way as the fog lights and the tits on a boar.

7. CBarr31

CBarr31 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Good morning I just found this thread and have a question, most likely for Three60Guy but if anyone else knows let me know.

Is it possible to adjust the speed settings in setup mode for the ASL?

Meaning I would like ASL to be at 0 when at 35 MPH or under and at maximum when at 70 MPH or above. The system just reacts to slowly in the default configuration to do you a whole lot of good.

Thanks for the help.

Later,
    Barr