1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Automatic trunk opener and closer

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by kentech, Oct 30, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Stevevee

Stevevee Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well there's no brand anywhere that doesn't have some common sense or priority problems, most likely based on economics more than intentional omission. For instance, having the larger Prius v, with no light in the cargo area. A ridiculous omission IMO, and certainly not a luxury item. Not having an SKS or start button wouldn't impact my life much, but not being able to see in the cargo area does, and does so daily. To unlock the hatch, I have to use the SKS to do so, or go to the driver's handle and touch it. Hardly a modern feature, maybe the packages higher than 3 allow this?

Things like this are niceties people can actually use, and Toyota can market. The more useful items you have, the more easily people can like it. When I look at the MSRP of Prius, some of the omissions simply don't add up. Interestingly, one trip to the supermarket yesterday revealed four different vehicles with the rear hatch openers. I reached into my pocket and did the double-click, then opened by hand. No injuries to report.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i think they sometimes do forget. but most times it's economic. unfortunate.i think the hatch opener is appearing on everyday minivan's etc.

it has always been toyota marketing policy to ratchet customers up to the top package just to get one item they really want. and it still doesn't have a hatch opener, or a rear interior light.:cool:

Stevevee likes this.