1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Automotive extinction technologies

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by bwilson4web, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Troy Heagy

Troy Heagy Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Half of today's "automatics" are really automated manuals (controlled by computer). Hence MPG equal to a driver-controlled manual.
    I testdrove an Accord with a manual transmission. It felt just fine in 6th gear, due to its almost 300 horsepower engine (V6 with I3 mode to save gasoline). Of course it's worth noting you don't have to use the sixth gear. You can pretend that the car is just five gears and ignore the top one. (Seems obvious to me..... not sure why I needed to explain it.) I plan to drive one of those manual Accords in a few years.

As for turbo lag, today's fuel-efficient ecoboost engines have turbos the size of dimes. They have measurable lag, but it is faster than a blink of the eye (you cannot perceive it). ;) :) :D

#21 Troy Heagy, Aug 26, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2014
  2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Orr first car, an '81 Honda Civic with Honamatic, was a clutchless, manually selected TWO speed, if I'm not mistaken.

3. bedrock8x

bedrock8x Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    No, a mini van must have:
    1. a flat floor pan for 4' x 8" plywood.
    2. Sliding side doors.

4. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Which rules out ever being 'mini'