1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

[Autos.ca] Test Drive - 2015 Toyota Prius v

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Tideland Prius, Mar 19, 2015.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    [​IMG]

Test Drive: 2015 Toyota Prius v - Autos.ca

2. Stevevee

Stevevee Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    A fair review for sure. For most people, seeing that $35k sticker price is something that makes them giggle, laugh, and move on to continue their search.

I'm a little less picky than the tester was, but share some of his positives and negatives. The cargo room makes this car, along with ample seating space for front and rear passengers.

But.

It gets good gas mileage, is about the only car with this cargo room that does, and has good room for four, or even five.

But that's about it. I don't get excited about going for a drive, get pretty sick of the road noise, and for a sticker of $28k, my car doesn't even have power seats.

But I knew all this going in, and bought it after rejecting some of the smaller SUV's and such on the market. It's a good thing that I am still happy with my purchase, because the Prius v has dropped in resale value faster than any car I've owned in possibly twenty years. I got it with the intention of having it for a long time, so I've been much easier on the miles travelled.

Not a rant at all, but a benchmark for Toyota to see how easy it will be for the competition to seize the market if they choose.