1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Aux cord won't play podcasts

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by nataliemso, Dec 22, 2015.

Tags:
  1. nataliemso

nataliemso New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I recently bought a 2007 Prius and inherited the former owner's aux cable. I can use it to play music from my iphone 4s, but podcasts won't play. This is likely a problem with the cable itself or with my old phone, but I thought I'd ask just in case this is a common issue with Prii.

2. GregP507

GregP507 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    A podcast is different from a media file. A music file is accessed from the phone as a storage media device. A podcast is streamed, and requires special software, which apparently your setup doesn't have.

3. AzWxGuy

AzWxGuy Weather Guy

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    The podcasts I had on my previous 5th and current 7th generation iPod are mp3 files. They don't stream (as in wifi or bluetooth) and are physically located on the device. I rarely used my iPod connected to USB port in my 2008, only when I wanted to charge the iPod. I always used the AUX stereo plug. So I don't recall what was available in the menus when using the iPod cable. My 2008 had the 9-speaker 6-CD changer JBL unit. Seems to me if you are able to play music from your iPhone, then podcasts should be available too.

4. nataliemso

nataliemso New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hmm, yeah, I was referring to downloaded (mp3) podcasts, which is why I thought they'd function like music files. Thanks for both your responses!

5. silvergenII

silvergenII Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Odd question for you, but have you adjusted your headphone volume? I listen to several casts and they all vary in how soft/loud they are. I noticed the other day how I was at 32 on the stereo levels on one, 16 on another.

6. nataliemso

nataliemso New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It turns out it was just an issue with the old aux cord; I bought a new one and the podcasts work fine. Thanks for all your speculations!

silvergenII and AzWxGuy like this.