1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

AUX music with Droid?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by bobdrad, Sep 29, 2010.

1. bobdrad

bobdrad New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    As others have noted, the BT music interface is very spare. I want to be able to browse my folders and play everything in a folder, or select a playlist, or something without having to futz with my player - all from the touchscreen.

I assume the AUX interface provides a better UI. Has anyone gotten that to work with an Android phone?

I wish my Prius ran Android OS, then there'd be an app for that :) Just for the media, etc thanks, not the car control systems :eek:

2. cproaudio

cproaudio Speedlock Overrider

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Are you talking about BT media streaming or BT AUX input? BT media streaming allows the radio to control your phone, previous track, next track, fast forward, fast rewind, play, pause and ID tag display. Repeat, random play is controlled by the phone. BT aux input only streams the audio from phone to stereo without any controls or info display. BT aux input is good for listing to Pandora or 3rd party audio/video player.

3. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The AUX doesn't provide the UI you're looking for, but has the strongest and most direct connectivity.