1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

auxiliary audio jack

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by chip_designer, Sep 11, 2009.

1. cycle11111

cycle11111 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I have a 2010 Prius Pkg IV and must say I love it

It has the USB and AUX ports in the center console. My iPhone 4 works through the iPod integration on the USB plus the BT. I prefer the BT because the USB IPOD integration is so clunky - ie hard to skip tracks and the iPhone seems not great a remembering where it was between connections etc. BT sounds is great and you just control on the phone

However my family has other non iPod and non BT devices and I cannot get streaming to work over the AUX port with a headset 3.5 jack. Is there something I need to enable or do you think the AUX jack is defective?

2. eglmainz

eglmainz New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Instead of using the Headphone jack on your iPhone, you should consider buying one of these: For only $2.60 each when QTY 50+ purchased - Audio and Sync Cable for iPhone / iPod (Apple Dock Connector to USB / 3.5mm Audio) | iPhone/iPod Cables

Monoprice sells these cords (under $4.00)which plug into the bottom of your phone, and instead of only having the USB on the other end, it has both a USB and an Audio jack. This will allow the full volume to be sent to the car, so that you can control the audio volume via the stereo system rather than your phone.

I've bought many things on this website for much cheaper than elsewhere, and with great quality! (This is not a spam posting, but trying to help you get better sound). The Audio out has a lower impedance then the headphone plug, so it will sound better.

3. cycle11111

cycle11111 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

My issue is not my iPhone both the BT and USB work fine there. The issue I have is none IPods etc as the only access in this scenario I have is the AUX jack - various other smart phones and a couple of Nanos

4. eglmainz

eglmainz New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Cycle11111, I was actually posting that information for 'Xooch' as they were complaining of impedance on their audio plug.

Yes, that would drive me nuts too. Have you tried a USB y-adapter or hub to see if you can connect the Nanos, etc. via USB and control them> Would that even work?

5. cycle11111

cycle11111 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Ah sorry. I think I may have to take it in. I have tried multiple types of cables etc and no joy.:(

6. oleknz

oleknz New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

how did you do that? or can you point to a post that explains how to do that? I have a 2005 Prius and all these years I thought about it but never did it.
    I am going for a long trip across the country this Tuesday and would love to play music from my I-pod.

7. alokeprasad

alokeprasad Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III