1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Auxiliary battery 12 volt with 28Ah

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Hasib, Dec 8, 2023.

1. Hasib

Hasib New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello i hope you guys are doing well, today I bought a new 12v battery and I have seen there is a white thing alittle bit deap stuck to the vent hole of 12v battery. It’s impossible to reach with your fingers to that white thing. Shall I remove that white thing from vent hole or it’s default? I don’t know what to do about it. Its acid battery. thank you in advance. I asked it from dealership he said I don’t know and he was not sure wether to remove or leave that white thing. I bought it for my Toyota corolla 2006.

2. ASRDogman

ASRDogman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You purchased the incorect battery. You do NOT want and acid battery.
    The fumes will get inside the cabin, and it's NOT healthy to breath.
    Return it, and get the correct AGM battery. You're health is not worth the risk.

3. Hasib

Hasib New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thank you for your reply, but I am not using it for my prius. I am using it for my Toyota Corolla 2007 S class the 12v battery is located under the hood. I am just trying to know wether to remove that white thing from the vent or no? Because that white thing is stick a little bit deeper which is impossible to reach with your finger. I don’t know it’s by default or it should remove from the battery after purchasing? thank you in advance.

4. ASRDogman

ASRDogman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    ???(n) Perhaps you needs to go to the Corolla chat, this is Prius chat....
    If the original battery had a vent, you should get a battery with a vent.

5. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    No

The best thing to do when you have a new problem is to start a new thread on the forum. Otherwise people get confused and some get mad.

#25 rjparker, Mar 21, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2024