1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Auxiliary input question

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by paratrooper, Jan 27, 2012.

1. paratrooper

paratrooper New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Sorry if this has already been answered, but I was unable to find what I'm looking for.

Can someone give me the rundown of exactly what years and models of the Prius came with a factory auxiliary audio input?

A lot of people are saying the Base model didn't have one for a long time is that still the case? Did all the other higher models come with it?

Thanks!:)

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Correct. It was offered starting in 2006 and on all but the base model except 2006 where it's the first two models (so base and Pkg 1. Pkg 2 and higher will have the AUX Input)

3. paratrooper

paratrooper New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for the response. Is the same true of the Gen III models? Still no input on the base model?

4. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    See http://priuschat.com/forums/knowled...andard-optional-equipment-some-countries.html. Tideland's correct that it became available on the 06 model. However, just because it's an 06-09 doesn't mean it has it. I've been in a really stripped down used 07 or 08 that my former coworker had which had no aux input (I checked). He had the old low res LCD, no backup camera and no SKS.
    No. For Gen 3, the cheapest model available to consumers (II or now Two) comes w/aux input. See http://web.archive.org/web/20090609...a/toyota-announces-prices-for-2010-89249.aspx. The same holds true fo the mid-cycle refresh (2012+). See Exclusive: 2012 MY Prius - Changes and Additions | PriusChat (there's apparently a mistake/change re: the backup camera. 2012 Prius Two does NOT come w/backup camera.)

The reason why I qualified the available to consumers part was because of the fleet only I/One (http://priuschat.com/news/prius-i-o...400-price-increase-insight-no-longer-a-threat). I've never seen one in my life but I think someone here got one or got the use of one from his work...

5. paratrooper

paratrooper New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Awesome! Thanks to both of you.

6. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid