1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Availability in NC?

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by SR-71, Jun 13, 2017.

1. SR-71

SR-71 Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I've been trying to find a dealer in NC that has a Prius Prime on their lot, and not having any luck. Even to get a dealer to answer whether they have one has become a major hassle because, they normally don't, and they try to push me into buying another model, or they're more than glad to order me one, but I refuse to buy a car without first at least seeing it.

Question. Is there a Toyota management telephone number or Toyota website that I can turn to in order to find one?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    try the website. i think you can build one, and then get local quotes.

you can also look at dealer inventory on each dealers website.

3. SR-71

SR-71 Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Yes, I know about building one online. Searched dealers at several dealers. Zero luck with that.

4. HPrimeAdvanced

HPrimeAdvanced Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    The dealer's websites are frequently not updated has been my experience. I would suggest trying Toyota Corporate for locating cars since they're the ones who are supposed to allocate the cars to the dealers. The dealers mainly want to get you in, some bad guys may practice "bait and switch". I'd focus on seeing/driving the model you're interested in, and worry about the color later. I'd have no problem playing dealers against each other within reason, once you determine the model and color you want. This is a difficult situation for everybody but you are still in the driver's seat with your checkbook!
    Remember, this is just a car, it's a great car, but it's still just a car, and you don't deserve to be put into a corner or hassled. The salespeople need to know this and need to make this awkward situation (few cars for sale), as pleasant as possible for you.

davidtm, priuscatprimeguy and bisco like this.
  5. priuscatprimeguy

priuscatprimeguy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    you may have to buy out of state.......try http://www.cars.com and set up an alert so you get updated everyday when new Primes show up. It's not guaranteed but it's a start.:D

HPrimeAdvanced likes this.
  6. dalcon95

dalcon95 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    The only luck you got to see one before you buy one is to go to New Jersey area. The whole southeast is by order only. I have seen maybe 10 new one listed in a 400 mile radius of my area on Autotrader.com. Which covers North Carolina, Virginia, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, and Alabama. Plenty are up in New Jersey though. Southeast Toyota Distributors are making it almost impossible to get a Prime on their lots. I was told they say there isn't a demand for them in the southeast.

#1 in Easley,SC

7. SR-71

SR-71 Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Thanks Cars Dot did find several Prius Prime's within 250 miles of my location. Thanks!

Just curious. Has anyone heard any rumors if the 2018 Prime will be any different than the 2017 model? Too soon to know?

8. pineprius

pineprius 15th Hole #4

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    The reason you are having trouble with SE Toyota dealers, is that Jim Moran Enterprises, the exclusive distributor is not getting any inventory from TMS. Don't listen to the BS the dealers tell you. I bought mine from a dealer in Maryland with a $1K TMS incentive over the dealer discount, but the NE Toyota dealers are still authorized for $2500. TMS cash back. It's worth the effort and a pleasant drive back to NC. If you want to see mine PM me.

fsu23phd likes this.
  9. JBW

JBW Junior Member

Fred Anderson in Raleigh (9201 Glenwood Ave) has a couple in their loaner program that I was able to test drive a couple of weeks ago. Call Ed Bartley @ 984-232-7478. Good guy.

Son of Gloin likes this.