1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Devil's Advocate, Apr 28, 2005.

?
  1. Dog

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Cat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Fish

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Bird

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Beacher

Beacher Member

Well, there you go being a city slicker again. :D When you see a vet putting his or her arm way up the back end of a horse or cow, it's not usually the rectum that is involved. There is, ahem, one other option. Typically they are either preparing to help in the birthing process or checking out the condition/position, etc. of mom or the young'uns.

2. bookrats

bookrats New Member

This is a sobering observation. All this week, at work, I've felt that I'm up to my elbows in sh*t.

Not any more! :mrgreen:

3. Devil's Advocate

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Beacher, you're right, it usually is another point of entry, however in this case she actually did BOTH. One was for pregnancy and the other to check for some type of colic or distention.

Either way you kind of start to feel just a little "less of a man" when you see a whole go in either orifice! :oops:

4. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    My Uncle never used one of those arm-length gloves, they cost too much. He used to always tease the vet for slipping one on.

Personally, I think I would use the arm-length glove. No glove sort of goes above and beyond my comfort level.

5. Beacher

Beacher Member

What gets me is that while performing these delicate operations they have to stand there in the perfect position to be on the receiving end of a good swift kick. Ouch!

6. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    It happens too. That's why you shackle the animal if at all possible.

7. Wolfman

Wolfman New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I watched a show on Discovery Channel a while back that dealt with "dirty jobs." A good part of the program dealt with a ranch that bred horses. The "narrator" of the show got the joy of manually evacuating the mares bowels, cleaning her vulva, obtaining ejaculate from a stallion, and then artificially inseminating the mare. On top of all this, they literally removed the fertilized egg from this mare a few days later, and then inserted it into yet a different mare.

It was quite an interesting show, as I always thought he lion share of any breeding program was to let the horses do all the work.

Oh, and they did not shackle the mare. The did however, put her into a very restrictive stall, and took care of buisness through the gate.

8. Orsino

Orsino New Member

Yeah. I have three dogs, but five cats own my sorry @$$. :jester:

9. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Yeah, just like an assembly line. Sort of takes all the wonder and interest out of things.

10. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    :lol: you're hilarious, Dave. I'm with you, what's with the lack of reptile representation here? Does not the iguana owner have the same rights as a cat person? Power to the reptiles!
    :lol:

11. jbarnhart

jbarnhart New Member

You forgot one popular pet! How about "robot?"

12. parrot_lady

parrot_lady Member

I need a multi vote...

Bird first, then dog, the gerbil! you left out the small furries!

although... my name here should say it all.