1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Average Age Of Prius c Owners

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by zenMachine, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Savage One

Savage One New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    26, female, single, no kids. Replacing my parents old 96 Dodge Caravan that I had been using for a few years since having to sell my old 97 Hyundai Accent because of lack of funds to fix its issues before inspection time. The C was my first new car purchase ever and I couldn't be happier. I've gone from using nearly 2 gallons of gas a day to just over 1 gallon every three days.

2. J.DeAngelis

J.DeAngelis New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    20 year old veteran, full time student starting end of August. Replacing my 2000 Audi A6 V8 gas guzzler. :cry: Loved the A6 but I'm saving more on gas than what the payments are on the remaining balance.

3. tonia taffaro

tonia taffaro Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I am 37 and just bought a Prius C III.
    My wife and I commute 115 miles a day together.
    We have no kids to drive around.
    We replaced a 2007 Mercury Mountaineer

4. WD0AFQ

WD0AFQ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Interesting reading. 58 and wife is 55, next month. We have no others living with us but do have 16 grandkids. I retired on my 52 nd birthday in 06. Parole Officer for State of Missouri. Traded nothing. Just added to our 03 Vibe gt, 66 vdub baja, 65 Mustang 2+2 and our motorhome. The Vibe may go but not yet. Grandkids tend to ruin cloth seats so our C2 is out getting new heated leather today. Bought it Thursday of last week. Aftermarket wheels on the way and the windows will soon be tinted. I guess we are the only owners in our town of 8,000 in Southeast Missouri. I have hypermiled the Vibe a few times and am loving this little car.
    Thanks for the forum. I studied it for several weeks before buying our Prius C, silver.
    Dan

5. LyLy

LyLy New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two

6. Rob.au

Rob.au Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    i-Tech
    34, single, been an on and off PC lurker for some time and a hard core lurker for the past month... reading and reading and reading.

I've been eyeing-off Prii for some time but now I'm in a position to do something about it the c has arrived on the scene and really just makes more sense for me considering >90% of the time my car carries just myself and a golf umbrella in the back. I currently drive a manual 2003 Corolla Hatch and the c is only a little smaller.

Signed on the dotted line today for a silver Prius c i-tech. I will miss my 'rolla's 134 horses when overtaking on the open road, but it's so rare I get out there, I'll live with it. I will not miss the manual shift in traffic! In town the c can keep up with how I drive, though I'm sure my style will start to adapt to the car. Should get it around the end of next week... can't wait. :)

It was funny, when talking to dealers they all kept asking me if I had any more questions and seemed really confused by how little I was asking. It was only later that it dawned on me that this was because of all the hours I've spent reading these fourms. :rolleyes:

7. legoadan

legoadan Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    20 Single male. No kids. Student.

Replaced my 2001 VW Jetta which got 20 city and 28 highway.

8. ShirLit

ShirLit Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    Two
    58, Married, empty-nester, replaced 2008 Honda Fit - whose 'pep' I miss :( , but VERY happy with FAR better mileage of the C.

9. xraydoug

xraydoug Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    47, married, 4 kids, 3 cats, one dog. replaced 98 dodge neon.

10. xraydoug

xraydoug Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    after all those miles! how could you just treat your old car so poorly.

Brad K likes this.
  11. Brad K

Brad K Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    why would u do that?

12. Brad K

Brad K Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    39 Years Old, No Kids, only a 65 lbs dog and GF. My first new car. Replaced my 1995 Honda Civic VX

13. Peter Danlyn

Peter Danlyn Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    54, kids gone. Replaced my 94 geo metro, which cost me $1500 two years ago, always started, ran like a champ, and never dipped below 40MPG. Wife didnt like not having airbags.

Have 6k on it now and love it!

DROID X2 ? 2

Brad K and legoadan like this.
  14. legoadan

legoadan Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two

That's impressive!

15. Peter Danlyn

Peter Danlyn Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Impressive, but there are tradeoffs involved in driving a Metro. You pretty much have to luck into a situation in which someone is selling one with low mileage, preferably one owner, and regular maintenance. That's a hard combo to find in a car that was built to be cheap and disposable.

It's a noisy stiff ride and the 12 inch rims make every irregularity in the road feel like a pothole. And potholes are like chasms. Weighing in at more than 200 lbs less than a smart and having no airbags it is decidedly dangerous if driven into a serious accident.

That being said, I loved every one of the 80,000 miles it carried me. I'd definitely still have it the wife's reservations weren't greater than mine.

I look at the C as the natural successor to this ferrari of mpg's, and having come directly from driving a metro makes the c feel much more quiet and luxurious than it probably is!

DROID X2 ? 2

legoadan likes this.
  16. JP2085

JP2085 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I'm 23, single, and no kids. Everybody makes fun of me for driving an orange Prius, lol. Got rid of my 2008 F-150 for it and I'm mostly happy. Sure do miss the truck, but I'm ok with it. The money I'm saving far outweighs the truck. I think after a while though I'm going to trade up to a regular Prius.

ztanos and Brad K like this.
  17. shalon

shalon New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I am 23! Full time college student and sales professional.

I traded in a Ford Fusion SEL V6

18. Fauxknight

Fauxknight Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    36 replacing and saving a ton on gas. I still want to buy a larger vehicle on the side for hauling folk and utility stuff, but the C will be my go to mileage hog until for quite some time.

Replaced an '08 Rogue with 50k miles on it. Swapped vehicles because I was now using it for delivery, the Rogue was 5 1/2 years old so just out of warranty and needed some new tires and the A/C repaired. MPGs weren't too bad on the Rogue at 23, but with the new job the C saved me at least $150/month in gas which made it a better option than putting more money into the Rogue.

19. eurochoi

eurochoi New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    31, married with our 8 y/o boy. Graduating from college in May and heading out to Denver from the South. The car replaced a 96 Civic EX whos transmission died. Bought the Prius C without test driving or even seeing it in person because I needed a car quickly. I haven't regretted the decision and am planning on replacing our 06 HHR with a Liftback '14 new prius some time later this year. I don't think I can go back to the ~30 or less mpg vehicles again.

20. mahout

mahout Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two

77, replacing mazda miata