1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Average Height of Prius C Owners: Poll

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by legoadan, Apr 1, 2014.

?

How tall are you?

Poll closed Aug 1, 2015.
  1. Shorter than that -- 4ft 2 in

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 4 ft 3 in -- 4ft 5 in

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 4 ft 6 in -- 4ft 8 in

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 4 ft 9 in -- 4 ft 11 in

3.2%
  5. 5 ft 0 in -- 5 ft 2 in

6.3%
  6. 5 ft 3 in -- 5ft 5 in

7.9%
  7. 5 ft 6 in -- 5ft 8 in

25.4%
  8. 5 ft 9 in -- 5ft 11 in

27.0%
  9. 6 ft 0 in -- 6ft 3 in

27.0%
  10. 6 ft 4 in -- Taller than that

3.2%
  1. legoadan

legoadan Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Is a height a deterrent for anyone? I'm 6'2 and if it wasn't for the adjustable steering wheel, I wouldn't have bought the C. I fit well and comfortably and could sit in the car for hours, but if it was just a bit smaller on certain areas I know for a fact I wouldn't fit. Heck, I notice a huge difference in my space between my knees and steering wheel depending on what shoes I wear.

Anyways, I was just wondering if there were any taller guys than me who also owned a C. How tall are you guys?

( I tried to put as many heights as possible on the poll.)

2. HotDogWater

HotDogWater Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    6'5" here... no problems and the seat's not even all the way back :)

3. legoadan

legoadan Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    What's your secret? Haha, I can fit fine. But I can't have my legs straight and parallel. I have to have them open, making a diamond shape kinda, if that makes sense.

NR427 likes this.
  4. coyote303

coyote303 Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I am barely over 6 foot tall. The car is a perfect fit, but it wouldn't be if I were an inch taller.

5. JP2085

JP2085 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    6'3" here and also don't have the seat all the way back. I am still amazed how comfortable I am in this car. I did not fit into the 2014 Corolla as near as well as I do this car.

6. NR427

NR427 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm 6'2" and fit OK with the seat all the way back, but am very uncomfortable when my wife drives and I have to sit in front of my daughters car seat. I think it feels bigger than it is because there isn't a center console. I sure miss the bench seats in older cars; they made small cars livable on long trips.

7. legoadan

legoadan Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    So I drove my Prius C for the first time today in my chucks instead of my boots, and let me just say, wow what a difference! I usually have hiking boots that have a fairly big heel, but today I wore my white chuck which have a tiny heel and everything felt perfect. I guess it's not really an issue in the car, just an issue with my boots. I might keep a pair of shoes in the car always...

8. Dogwood2

Dogwood2 Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I'm 6'3" and fit, but the seat's all the way back and there's no room to spare. I'd actually like a couple of extra inches of legroom, just to allow for the option of really stretching out.

The JuicedHybrid store offers some mounting hardware that would move the seat back the way I'd like. I haven't bought this for two reasons. 1) I'm already reaching out for the steering wheel even at maximum extension; I don't want it any farther, and 2) The jack is mounted under the driver's seat, and I'm not sure if it could be accessed if the seat were moved back (it probably couldn't be reached from the back; perhaps it could be reached from the front?)

(I actually looked into the possibility of a steering wheel extension to match the seat extension, but I didn't find an option I liked.)

Bottom line is I fit in the car, but there could be room for improvement.

9. HotDogWater

HotDogWater Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    lol, no idea -- lower the seat all the way, raise the steering wheel all the way, and then move the seat back/forward until i'm comfy :)

10. vernon birdman

vernon birdman Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I feel 10 foot tall when I drive my C

11. legoadan

legoadan Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Honestly, I just wish I could have the pedals just a little bit father from me. Haha, but then again it's not an F1 car, I don't NEED to be sitting with my legs fully extended.

12. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I'm 5'8" tall and I find that I don't have to have my seat all the way back. So much room. :ROFLMAO:

13. Leeann

Leeann Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I'm only 5'1" and my Prius fits me perfectly!

14. kingnba6

kingnba6 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    im about 6'3" and i feel its cramped a little but ive been on 3-4 hour trips without stopping and did not have any problem with the seating.

15. Yoda1nzfxe

Yoda1nzfxe Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    5’8”. Seat is all the down for a lower center of gravity. And it’s moved as close as I can where my wrists can sit on top of the steering wheel. (That’s text book). Steering wheel is telescoped as close as possible and as low as possible. I also drive with 2 feet like an F1 driver. Any millisecond I can save to apply the regen brakes is frugal. And taking off from a stop light is nearly instant. Try it. Only downside is ingress and egress. Small price to pay for a nearly perfect driving position. Plus I’m still a young man so I manage