1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

AVS in channel window shade issues

Discussion in 'Prime Accessories and Modifications' started by Mizman, Jan 2, 2022.

1. Mizman

Mizman New Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius PHV
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Has anyone installed the avs in channel vent shades? They seemed to line up well, I left the windows up for over 24 hours as per instructions. When I finally tested them, all the windows hit the shades and automatically went down. When I tried the drivers window again, it actually cracked the vent shade. I ended up taking them off. Any ideas on how to avoid this issue. Has anyone tried a different brand or tape mounted ones? Thanks.

2. Darien Day

Darien Day Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I've always had issues with in-channel vent visors in my cars. In my last car I switched over to one that uses double-sided 3M weatherproof tape + clips. Much better. Toyota Canada does make one you can get here in the US. Wellvisors also makes one for the PP.

3. montrealmountain

montrealmountain New Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Technology
    I had a similar problem with my 2020 PP and the avs shades. In the instructions, which i know a lot of us do not necessarily read carefully enough, it shows how to install the front shades and how the part near the rear of the window had to be fit. For 5 days i wondered what was wrong and what was the snapping sound i heard when they closed. Re-read instructions and found they were not properly in the slot. it felt like i was going to snap them when i did it correctly. All working perfectly now.

4. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  5. Raytheeagle

Raytheeagle Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I have the weather tech brand on the front windows of our 2019 Prime;).

They have worked well;).

I had the double sided tape vent shades on our old 2010 and they were fine. Just be careful going through car washes with the drying fans at the end:whistle:.

Good luck and keep us posted (y).