1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Featured AWD 2019 Prius pre-release article

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by DavidA, Nov 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DavidA

DavidA Prius owner since July 2009

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    HPrimeAdvanced and telmo744 like this.
  2. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    [​IMG]
    Here's to hoping it won't be just a 4-seater, like the prime. Seems the space-age sci-fi look is starting to be less appalling, or maybe just getting used to it. A little bit of towing capacity would probably be too much to ask for, but here's to hoping for it anyway.

3. TCW1184

TCW1184 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I like the new styling a bit better than the current model. Might have to hold out for a 19; unless they throw some big incentives at the outgoing 18s.

iPhone ?

4. farmecologist

farmecologist Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    II
    I like the styling changes but it still screams 'Prius'. Not a bad thing in my book but I think the Corolla Hybrid will be a big hit for the 'stealth hybrid' folks.

5. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    In another forum, (there are other forums?) I was fussing about their denial that anything is ever needed but BEVs, the wisdom Toyota shows matching battery chemistry highlights my argument.

"I recently ranted here, in part about EVs for cold snowy weather.

JimboPalmer wrote:
    Before I moved to MS, I worked ‘near’ Carlin, NV; four hours from any location you have heard of: 290 miles each way from Reno NV, Boise ID, or Salt Lake City UT. (420 miles from Las Vegas NV) Worse, -40 (F or C, take your pick) is a yearly low temp, which will mess with battery chemistry. My wisest choices differed from towns where the snow that falls in November does not melt in April. Today the Outlander might be my best choice there, or the Rav4, if I can make the batteries work for me.

Entirely co-incidentally, Toyota just announced that their new AWDe Prius would use NiMH batteries as they were superior in the cold, where they expected to sell AWD. (Other North American Prius use LiIon) It is heartening they are thinking that through.

2019 Toyota Prius adds AWD, borrows looks from Prius Prime - Roadshow

So while is is sad that the Prime does not get AWDe, it makes sense, a PHEV with a NiMH battery would have no luggage space at all."

farmecologist likes this.
  6. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.