1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Awful radio preset display

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by PriusRos, Jul 8, 2016.

1. PriusRos

PriusRos A Fairly Senior Member - 2016 Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    This has probably come up before but I can't find the discussion.

I hate the way the new Toyota system won't let you do even the simplest navigation while the car is moving but forces you to scroll through multiple screens in order to change the radio station!

With the Gen 3, there were buttons on the side to allow you to select XM, FM, or AM. You can then see your presets for each source, 10 at a time. With the Gen 4, you have 36 presets for all radio sources combined and you can only see 6 at a time. Then it only shows the channel number, not the name of the station, until you actually select something. I know you can use voice commands to go to a radio station but how in the world are you supposed to remember 36 presets and/or call signs?

And it seems really difficult to add/change a preset because you can't get a channel listing and presets on the same display - at least I haven't found a way - so you have to go to your channel listing and choose a station, then return to the presets and long press the preset number. Or use the tuner knob to go through each station one at a time. Or am I missing something?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    there's another thread on this, i thought gen 4 was programmable.

3. GREEN BAE

GREEN BAE Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    yes it searches for stations just like a new TV. can't remember how I did it but I was trying to set my stations. I prefer just listening to my music collection thru USB drive. no commercials

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    check settings, i guess.

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    found it: apps>setup>audio. the thread is about 10 down on the first page of this forum.

6. PriusRos

PriusRos A Fairly Senior Member - 2016 Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Thank you but I cannot find anything except the thread about deleting radio presets. I'm not trying to delete a preset. I just want the display to show more than 6 presets at a time with the names of the stations, not just the channel numbers (the way it was on my Gen 3 display). Right now, the audio screen shows two panels - 6 presets on the left, and the details for the currently playing station on the right. You have to keep scrolling down to see all the presets. I've read the manual and cannot see any way to change this display.

alanclarkeau and bisco like this.
  7. GREEN BAE

GREEN BAE Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    I was talking about programming the presets. I don't believe there is any way to show more than 6 or the station names and I have to agree that's lame.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

alanclarkeau likes this.
  8. Amy Maron

Amy Maron New Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring

I just joined this forum to find answers to this same problem. Just got off the phone with Toyota about my 2018 Prius 4. I also have a lot of presets and there is no way to change the setup to allow you to see all of your presets. They told me that you cannot remove the navigation and you can't change the display at all. On my 2011 Prius, I was able to see a page of 8 presets, then could shift to another page of presets. So frustrating!

atterbury90 and PriusRos like this.
  9. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!

horrible!!!:mad:

10. kithmo

kithmo Couch Potato

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    The left steering wheel button allows you to cycle through AM FM DAB etc. and the < > arrows cycle through the stations, each one showing on the screen as you're doing it. Not an ideal solution but it works for me. ;)