1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

B1503 DTC

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by autoz, Apr 29, 2018.

1. autoz

autoz Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Aqua
    Model:
    N/A
    Yesterday the red temperature warning light came. Car was parked in the garage all day. Only after I turned on and car idle for 1 minute light came on.
    Techstream showed DTC 1503 exhaust heat management warning detected.
    Tried clearing but DTC still showed up.
    I did remove the AC amplifier before this ( unjacked and reinserted ) because I was testing the amplifier on a next car.
    Any help on solving much appreciated.

2. autoz

autoz Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Aqua
    Model:
    N/A
    Car is a Prius c 2013

3. autoz

autoz Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Aqua
    Model:
    N/A
    Just an update the temp light is going off when I turn the car off. After I put the car on or in ready the light takes approximately 1 minute before it comes back on.
    I gave the car a little run and the temp Went up to 60 deg.C not seeing any sign of overheating.
    Put the ac in cold/hot setting and it's working fine.
    Any thoughts anyone.

4. autoz

autoz Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Aqua
    Model:
    N/A
    I resolved the issue. I disconnected the 12V battery negative for a few minutes, pump the brakes a few times waited about 10 minutes after, reconnected the battery and presto of t worked no more temperature light. Cleared the code from the history car is working wonderful.

RicRic and SFO like this.